Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Daily Devotions for the week of Mar 30 - Apr 3

I'm reading a new book, Clutter-Free Christianity by Robert Jeffress, that is really causing me to think. So much that my brain is filled with so many questions about where I am in my faith that I'm having trouble coming up with devotions that seem worthwhile.

So for the rest of the week, I'll just send some of these questions to you. I think they are really valid and valuable for us to chew on for a while.

Verse:

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.(NIV)

Tuesday's Question:
Do you really want to be like Jesus?

My first response is "Of course I do!" But if I'm really honest, there are several difficult things that I have to do in order to make this happen, and I don't know that I want to do them. I have to commit to daily, intense time with God. I must seek him first in everything I do, then obey immediately. It's okay to question once, but then I must do his will, not mine. I must be willing to give up all creature comforts, talk to everyone I see about the gospel, pray for the good of my enemies, forgive anyone who does me wrong, treat my body like a temple of God with appropriate food and exercise, and be willing to accept humiliation, pain, and even death that I don't deserve. If I really wanted to be like Jesus, I'd be doing these things.

God, help me want to want to be like Jesus!

No comments: