Friday, October 5, 2007

Work the Plan

We're going to do something a little different today. Here are three verses taken from the New Century Version for you to read:

Jeremiah 1:5a "Before I made you in your mother's womb, I chose you.
Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work.

Jeremiah 29:11-12 11 I say this because I know what I am planning for you," says the Lord. "I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future.12 Then you will call my name. You will come to me and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Luke 10:20b "rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

I am not a Bible scholar by any means, but the way these three verses flow together gives me great hope and comfort. God chose each of us for a special work long before we were born. Despite what hardships or problems we have, all of them fit into his plan for our lives...and he promises the plan is for good! And, he's already written our names in heaven...I like to imagine that the names are on the doors of the rooms he's prepared for us...just like movie stars. Not for our glory, but to show the wonders of his creation...us.

Do you know the job that God has asked you to do? The fact that you are here means that he has a special job that only you can do. You may not get a letter in the mail telling you what your earthly responsibilities are, but if you watch carefully you will see opportunities to serve him everywhere you turn. Only when we get to heaven will we understand the impact of all these little actions.

When you pray today, report for duty and ask God to reveal the job he has for you today. Then go out and act on whatever opportunities present themselves!

No comments: