Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Mar 6 - Using God's Word

Read 2 Timothy 3:14-17

Text:
14But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (NIV)
www.biblegateway.com
I know that the Bible is the Word of God, but I don't really revere it as such. If I did, I'm sure I'd be more righteous and obedient! Sometimes we get so close to something, so familiar with it, that it no longer reflects the true authority and glory it deserves. I may read my Bible in the morning, but often by lunch time I would have to think really hard to tell you what I learned. I want to be able to read, understand, and learn from God's word, and to continually be awed by the fact that I can actually hold His word in my hand (and my heart).

This verse tells us that we need to go further than just reading and learning, we should use it to help others grow, too.

No comments: