Thursday, March 8, 2007

Mar 8 - God's Word Works!

Read Isaiah 55:10-11

Context: Isaiah is telling the Hebrews in Babylon to return to Israel and be restored.

Text:
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (NIV)

taken from www.biblegateway.com

Have you ever read a particular verse during your Bible study and then heard that same verse over and over on radio shows, in sermons, and even in books later that day? Do you get the feeling God is trying to tell you something? He is! Even if you don't hear references to the text you read today, God promises that his words will do the work he intended in your life.

The example given in verse 10 helps me to see different ways that God's word might work. Sometimes it will plant a seed in my heart that will grow over time to be ready when needed. Other times it will provide the sustenance I need to get through that particular day. Other times it will add beauty and richness to my life. If I forget to read, I lose a blessing God has for me today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen to that Susan! I've shared that same experience, and it always reminds me how God is interested and active in my life.