Thursday, July 12, 2007

Jully 12 - God Wants to Go on Vacation

Read Psalm 119:49-56
z Zayin
49 Remember your word to your servant,
for you have given me hope.
50 My comfort in my suffering is this:
Your promise preserves my life.
51 The arrogant mock me without restraint,
but I do not turn from your law.
52 I remember your ancient laws, O LORD,
and I find comfort in them.
53 Indignation grips me because of the wicked,
who have forsaken your law.
54 Your decrees are the theme of my song
wherever I lodge.
55 In the night I remember your name, O LORD,
and I will keep your law.
56 This has been my practice:
I obey your precepts. (NIV)

taken from www.biblegateway.com

Have you gone on vacation yet this year? It's always nice to get away from the day-to-day world for a while. Whether you like relaxing vacations or those that are full of activity, a vacation is a way to retreat from work, chores, and pressures.

When you leave your stress behind, do you also leave God behind? I tend to want to sleep in until the last possible moment, sleeping right through my usual Bible study and prayer time. Somehow I never make the time to do it again later. And being in a small hotel room surrounded by my family makes it difficult to find quiet time for prayer and reflection.

The author of the psalm says he makes God's decrees 'the theme of my song wherever I lodge'. This year I want to be sure that we take God on our vacation with us -- how about you?

No comments: