Friday, August 8, 2008

Acts - Paul's Story

Read Acts 22-28
Today's Devotion - Acts 26:12-18
12"On one of these journeys I was going to Damascus with the authority and
commission of the chief priests. 13About noon, O king, as I was on the road, I
saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my
companions. 14We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in
Aramaic, 'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick
against the goads.'
15"Then I asked, 'Who are you, Lord?'
" 'I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,' the Lord
replied. 16'Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint
you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will
show you. 17I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am
sending you to them 18to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light,
and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins
and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.' (NIV)
taken from www.biblegateway.com

What is your story? In our text today, and through much of Acts, Paul tells his conversion story to anyone who will listen. He talks about his life before Christ, how his eyes were literally opened to the truth, and how his life has changed since then. Many saw the level of conviction and passion that Paul had and they accepted Christ immediately. Others, like the governor of Cesarea and many Jewish elders, thought he was insane or even tried to kill him because of what they believed was a blasphemous message.

Does your conversion story have lots of drama like Paul's, or is it more simple and straightforward? Does it inspire others to look at their own lives and contemplate the truth of Christ? When is the last time you shared it?

No comments: